1. Your Personal Information
2. Information We Collect
a. Upon Registration
- To create an account, you must provide your email address and a password. You may also enter your mobile phone number on our website to initiate a text message with directions on how to download the app and register.
b. Credit Card or Bank Information
- When you wish to upgrade to a Premium Account billed directly to us, we collect your credit card number, expiration date, and security code. We use this information to bill you for services. We or our partners use third-party payment processors and therefore has only limited information about your payment transactions.
c. Device Information
- When you use Moobila services, our servers automatically record certain information about your mobile device. This information may include information such as an equipment identifier (e.g., IMEI, UDID), subscriber identifier (e.g., IMSI), device name, mobile phone number, device type and manufacturer, operating system type and version, wireless carrier / operator, network type, country of origin, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the dates and times of your requests. We use this information to provide our services, and support if needed, and to calculate anonymous, aggregate statistics about the users of our products. For example, collecting your device’s phone number allows the service to contact your phone via SMS when you locate your phone from the Moobila web application.
d. Employment Application Information
- If you wish to fill out our application form, we will ask for information, including your name, email address, phone number, and allow you to upload your resume and cover letter. We use this information to determine if you are an eligible candidate for an available position, to contact you to set up an interview if appropriate and to follow up with you about your application experience.
e. Information About Your Use of Moobila Services on Your Phone
- We use analytics software so that we can improve the features and usability of our products. This software may analyze information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, and where the application was downloaded. We may also use such information to show you relevant content and suggest new features, products and services that can enhance your use of the Moobila Service. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile app.
f. Information About Your Use of Moobila’s Website and Mobile Website
- We use analytics services to measure how people use our website so that we can improve our products and services and provide more relevant content to you. Analytics services may work by embedding invisible images that are associated with unique identifiers on our site.
g. Social Media Features
h. Premium Content & Promotions
- We may ask for your email address and other contact information in order to access various Moobila content, such as whitepapers, videos, or other research materials, to participate in surveys, contests, promotions, or sweepstakes, or to obtain additional information about Moobila services, softwares and products. This information will be used to provide you with additional information on Apps, software, products and services from Moobila or our business partners, which might be of interest to you. You can choose not to receive such marketing communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails.
3. What You Should Know
a. Security and Anti-Virus
- Moobila Security products, which are available on different platforms, protect your device from malware and spyware apps. They scan files and applications before and after you download and activate Moobila Security and as new applications are installed or accessed try to detect any threats to you and your mobile device. They also automatically scan your entire device periodically, and regularly update your threat definitions. In order to perform these functions, we need to collect information about the applications and files present on your device, the results of any scans performed by our services, and actions you take as a result of scanning. This may include downloading a copy of part or entire copies of application files on your device if we encounter an application that we have not previously analyzed.
What types of information Security or imaging products collect:
- Information about the type of device you are using and the operating system you are running.
- Moobila’s Security products collect information about the type of device and operating system you are running so that we can both improve our products and also give you more accurate information about malware and spyware that might affect you and your device(s).
- Information about scans and scan results.
- We collect information about the applications on your device in order to conduct scans and may download copies of scanned files. We also may collect information about how applications behave on your device (e.g., whether an application is sending premium-rate text messages that charge money to your phone bill) and the network services with which your applications communicate, in order to determine if any applications are behaving maliciously (e.g., whether an application is talking to a server known to host phishing websites). Each time Moobila performs a scan, we collect information that describes what files and applications are identified by the scan as potentially undesirable and your choice for remediation of those files (e.g., uninstall or ignore).
How the information that Moobila’s products collect is used:
- Our purpose in collecting application data and security scan data is to provide you with protections to keep you and your data safe and to optimize and improve our Moobila services and products.
- We may aggregate your data with other customers’ data in non-personally identifiable, aggregated, and anonymized form to better understand current malware and spyware threats and to improve the Security service. We may also share this anonymous aggregated data publicly, in order to help others understand mobile threats and gain insights into particular mobile applications.
- Moobila allow Backup features which securely stores copies of data that you choose to back up from your phone.
What types of information Backup collects:
- Backup transmits a copy of the data you choose to back up to on your device to a secure server using an encrypted protocol. The data may include your contacts, call history, pictures, and other data. Moobila Backup automatically backs up your data weekly or daily, based on your settings, can download your data to transfer to a new or existing phone, and allows you to retrieve your data any time from Moobila.com.
How the information that Backup collects is used:
- If you choose to use the Moobila Backup feature, we will use the data you provide to deliver the Backup service. In order to notify you in the case of malicious behavior on your phone, Moobila may scan both the data that is stored on your phone and backed up to our servers. For example, some malware has been known to spread via malicious text messages or steal money by dialing expensive phone numbers. To detect this, our system would scan the SMS messages or call history stored on your phone or backed up on our servers.
c. Missing Device
- Moobila Missing Device helps you find and secure your phone or tablet if it is lost or stolen. You can locate your phone on a map using location information provided by your phone, activate a loud siren even if your volume is muted so that you can find a phone lost nearby, wipe your phone, or lock your phone. Features and settings are controlled through our website at Moobila.com.
What types of information Missing Device collects:
- Moobila derives location information in two ways. We may receive it directly from your mobile device, or, in some situations, we may receive location data from cell tower or Wi-Fi hotspot information. We may use third-party service providers to translate that information into usable location information.
How the information that Missing Device collects is used:
- Our purpose in collecting this information is to provide you with the location of your phone when you request it. If you activate the locate feature in Missing Device, your browser will send location information to third-party map providers (e.g. Google Maps) in order to display a map of the location within your Moobila account webpage. When activating this feature, we track the phone’s location for several minutes in order to provide an accurate location for you. This information is retained in your account history for as long as you wish and may be deleted by you at any time, from your account settings. If you choose to delete this information or disable your account, Moobila anonymizes this data so that it is no longer associated with any personal information. We keep that anonymized data for aggregate statistical purposes only.
d. Phone Finder
- Phone Finder collects and stores information in the same way as Missing Device (see above). If you have enabled Phone Finder, it collects location information and sends it back to Moobila only when your battery is running low. After which, we save the phone’s location at the time we received the low battery alert to Moobila.com. This feature will help you locate your phone near its last known location if you lose it and its battery dies.
e. Secure Surfing
- Secure Surfing is a feature available when using the Android default browser or the Chrome browser. Secure Surfing identifies and warns you of unsafe websites so that you can choose to avoid visiting them.
What types of information Secure Surfing collects:
- To provide the Secure Surfing service, we may transmit the URLs you visit on your phone to a Moobila-provided or third-party service to determine if those URLs are unsafe (e.g., if the URLs contain phishing attacks, malwares, or exploits). If a URL you visit is determined to be unsafe, we store a record of the unsafe URL.
How the information that Secure Surfing collects is used:
- We use the record of unsafe URLs you visit (1) to provide you with notice that you attempted to reach an unsafe site (e.g., when you log in to the Moobila website or via email) and (2) to improve our product. If you do not want us to record the unsafe URLs you visit, you may turn Secure Surfing off; all other Moobila features will continue to function.
f. Group Plans
- Group Plans link multiple devices to one master account that controls the Group Plan owner’s device as well as certain features of devices associated with the Group Plan. Users of the additional devices on the plan retain their own unique accounts, but Group Plan owners have control over some functions of Group Plan members’ devices, as described below.
What types of information Group Plans collect:
- Moobila does not collect any additional information from users in Group Plans.
How the information that Group Plans collects is used:
- In a Group Plan, such as a Basic Plan, one master user has authority to perform certain functions on devices belonging to other members of the group. For example, in a Basic Plan, a parent phone may be able to lock, wipe, or locate a child’s phone. The latter feature would allow a parent to access data about the child’s phone in the section on “Missing Device.” A parent phone, or other device having authority over other Group Plan users, generally does not have access to the data on a child’s phone unless, for example, the data on the phone is downloaded and transferred to another device to which the parent phone has access.
- Users must agree to give the “parent” this functionality. You can determine if your phone is part of a Group Plan by checking the settings on your phone.
- Customer service representatives may perform such functions only at your request and with your consent.
5. We Use Your Personal Information to Provide, Improve, and Promote our Services.
We use your personal information to provide you with a better service, improve the quality of our products and services, and promote our services. For example:
- If you fill out a survey or email Moobila for support, we may retain the information you give us in order to provide you with support and to improve our services.
- Where available, Moobila may use client device information to let you know you need to update your operating system.
- We may send text messages to your phone to communicate with your device.
- We may use your email address or mobile number to send privacy or security related notices and notify you of major Moobila services changes.
- We may use your email address or mobile phone number to communicate about product announcements and special promotions from Moobila or our business partners, or to administer participation in special events, surveys, contests and sweepstakes.
- We may use your information to conduct market research and engage in joint promotional activities with companies that have products that can add value to Moobila products or services (for example, with mobile operators).
- You can choose to opt out of receiving emails or notices from us at any time by logging into your web account and changing your account preferences or by clicking the unsubscribe button/link at the bottom of our emails.
6. We May Disclose Your Information if required by Law
7. To Improve Our Applications or Services, We May Share Your Personal Information
- We share your personal information to provide or improve our services. For example:
- We may share your information with third party providers of products and services integrated with our software that need to know your information to fulfill your product or service requests (for example, to map your location or send you an SMS), support our products and services, or analyze data for product performance and product improvement purposes.
- We may share your information with mobile operators who participate in our Customer Care Web Application program to enable them to assist you directly with Moobila Missing Device features, such as remote locate, lock, wipe, or erase through our Application, at your request.
- We may share your information to perform accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation, and collection activities.
- We may share your information with our affiliates, resellers or other third party service providers that are working with Moobila (for example, mobile operators and MDM providers) to ensure proper delivery of your purchase and related support services, perform business-related functions, and provide you with information about products and services.
8. To Avoid Unnecessary Marketing, We Share Your Personal Information
- In order to prevent you from receiving duplicate or unnecessary marketing about Moobila products or service, we may share your personal information or your status as a current Moobila customer with our partners or service providers.
9. We May Share Anonymized Data
- We share anonymized, aggregated data with partners and third-parties and in security reports. Such data are never associated with personal information and cannot be identified with you. For example, we may share the number of devices that have ever encountered a particular piece of malware in our security reports.
10. You Can Access and Update Your Privacy Settings
- Both the Moobila website and the Moobila ‘Settings’ on your device have options that allow you to update or modify your privacy settings at any time. To protect your privacy and security, we require your username and password in order to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making changes. If your email address changes, you may update your information within the Moobila website. Simply go to the “Account” page and select the information you wish to update. If you wish to correct or delete inaccuracies within your personal information, or to request access to any personal information we obtain about you, please contact us at info@Moobila.com. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. In certain situations, however, Moobila may not be able to provide access to all of the personal information that it holds about you.
11. Data Retention Policy
- Our policy is to retain data only as long as reasonably necessary to provide our products and services to you and others.
- Except for current Paid Accounts, we reserve the right to delete (i) all Backup Data if you have not accessed our services for 90 consecutive days, or (ii) pictures and call history from your Backup Data if you have not upgraded to a Paid Account within 90-days after your Paid trial or if you have discontinued your Paid Account for 90 consecutive days. We will notify you via the email address associated with your account before deleting your Backup Data.
12. You Can Delete Location Data At Any Time
- When you delete location data through your account dashboard on Moobila.com, it is no longer linked to your account and is anonymized on our application production systems.
13. Personal Information Posted to Our Blog and Community Forum Are Public
- If you comment on our blog or other public forums, you should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of those blogs, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these blogs or for any content you receive as a result of sharing such information.
- To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. If we are not able to remove your personal information, we will let you know why.
14. We Take Security Seriously
- Moobila is a security company, and securing your data is one of our top priorities. Moobila uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards. For example, we use a combination of firewalls, encryption, authentication, physical security, and other safeguards to protect your account and your data.
- We perform third-party penetration tests to harden our systems from attack. Because no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that Moobila receives on your behalf to operate the Moobila services, or information that you transmit to Moobila. All such receipt or transmission of your information is at your own risk.
- We cannot guarantee that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or location based information) on our website, within the Moobila app, or in our order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- If Moobila learns of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Moobila may also post a notice on the Moobila services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
15. You Are Responsible for your privacy
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password at all times. We recommend a strong password that you do not use with other services. If you believe your password has been compromised, please change your password immediately via the Moobila website, or contact us at support@Moobila.com for assistance. You are responsible for ensuring that the email address associated with your account is accurate. We use that email to contact you about service updates, changes to our policies, and account activities such as requests for your information or locate attempts on your device. Moobila is not responsible for personal data transmitted to a third party as a result of a user’s providing an incorrect email address.
16. International Visitors and Safe Harbor Compliance
- Moobila is a San Diego-based company with servers housed in the United States. Personal information collected from users outside the United States is transferred to the United States and processed according to United States law. Moobila complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Moobila has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, please visit http://export.gov/safeharbor.
17. You need Parent’s or Guardian Permission, If you are under 13
- Moobila does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13 unless they are part of a Group Plan purchased by a parent who consents to such collection and storage as described in the Moobila Terms of Service. If you believe a child is using this service without parental consent, please contact us at info@Moobila.com.
18. We Are Not Responsible for Content on Third-Party Websites
- Our site contains links to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you leave Moobila’s website and go elsewhere. Moobila does not accept liability for misuse of any information by any website controller to which we may link. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites, which may differ from ours. In addition, if you take advantage of an offer from one of our partners, you may be providing information directly to that partner. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of these partners, as we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any partners or linked sites.
- In the event that Moobila is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
20. Website Notification Only When This Policy Changes
21. Contact Us